Welcome to the Thornwood Learning Commons Blog. This is a place where students can share their ideas in a safe, respectful manner to learn and grow as responsible citizens.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Dr. King's Day of Service - January 16,2012
The third Monday in January (1/16/12) will be a federal holiday to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. In 1994, Congress designated this holiday as a national day of service to honor Dr. King's life of service to others. Therefore, we should not think of it as a day "off" but rather as a day "on!" It's an opportunity to answer Dr. King's challenge to do something to help others and make this country a better place in which to live. In your comment to this post, please write a sentence describing at least one thing you admire about Dr. King and also include some ideas about what you plan to do to help others on this year's day of service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i admire dr.luther because hes a good person and i whuid give homeless people food and water.
ReplyDeletei so proud of you and how did it go out for you did it work
Deletei forgot to do that i will next time
DeleteJaevon,
Deletei love your idea did you get to do it
jaevon good job!!!!relly
DeleteI admire mr.luther king because he was a good men and put black people and white people together.he was gratful and helpful,so i want to
ReplyDeletesay thankyou
hi kenneth i had the same idea
Deletekenneth'
DeleteI like the way you discribed how martin luther king was and what he did.What are you going to do?
and so did i kenneth
Deletekennth,you did an awasome job on your comments if he was alive in thornwood elementry he would be really happy of your comment that you put.
DeleteI admire Dr.King because he had a dream to have the blacks and whites come together.On this Monday January 16,2012 I will donate my old clothes to my local charaty.
ReplyDeletehey katy you write the same thing has me marc
Deletethat wood be good giving poeple cloths
Deleteby:kenneth
Dear katy.
DeleteI like your dream because that my dream to do to give my old clothes and I did donate my old clothes and my old shoes.
On that day of 1/16/12 I donated my clothes to a charity close by and i felt really really good about it!! :-)
Deletekaty,
Deletehow did it go when you was working on it
I like the idea of you giving away your things that you don't wear to charaty.
Deletekaty you have a good ida and i like what you said
Deletei donate my old chothes to you are cool
DeleteDid you donate your clothes and what charaty?
Deletei really do like your idea. Did u get to do this stuff?
Deletei admire MLK because he helps people. i will do what he says and help a friend.
ReplyDeletei help my friend and my teacher wat she siad because she help me and my friend so we wel help hr two
Deletewhat I admire about dr.king is that he had a dream to bring white and black people together what i will do for the day of service I will give clouthgs to the less fortunet
ReplyDeletemy deed worked out well me and my dad donated everything I did't need
Deletechloe i like what you side you are rith
Deletechloe,
Deletedid you get to do this i love your idea.
Dear Chloe,
DeleteI bet you had a great day giving clothes to the less fortunate i bet you accomplished your goal the only thing is how and where did you do it ? thats what i'm wondering ?
DEAR CHLOE.
DeleteI ALSO HAVE A DREAM TO HAVE BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE TOGETHER
I admire Dr.king because he had a dream and he gave a speech and believed in his dream he never gave up.Something i will do is give my closes away so then if some one does not have clothes now they will .
ReplyDeletemy project whent well because i have lots of clothes that i can donate.
Deleteaddmir dr. mlk because hilp lots of pepol and lots of defrt pepol
ReplyDeletejoel i will help pepol iwth ther peralplms
Deletei am going to make a lemonade stand and make cupcakes . i am going to donate clothes and shoes and socks.
ReplyDeletehave you done that het
DeleteD.K MLK feer the black. what im going to do im helping the lees forchnet.
ReplyDeletejakod i like your idea very muth it is awesom
DeleteI DID IT! i gave all my toys away now i miss my toys.
Deletei admire Marten Luther King becouse he hade a dream to let black and white mix to gether in the world. 1/16/12 i will donate mont to charedy and to the por i will also give por food and water
ReplyDeletevanessa,
Deletethats nice by giving poor people food
by:kenneth
i also had that same idea
Deletevanessa,i that same idea but i wus makeing a lemonade stand and baking cupcakes and i make money and you know what i did with that money i donate my old chothes to them
Deletei like yours alot i wish i shoud of thought of that
Deletevanessa I Liked how you talked about racism dr.king is a great person i liked how you admierd that about dr.king if it was't for dr. king we wuld not all be here today
DeleteVANESSA,
DeleteNICE THINKING!! RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vanessa,
Deletei really wish i could have done these things but i was at my moms job i will do it to night.
i adire mlr becuse help people. what i will do is geve people mony so they can eat
ReplyDeletei did what i said i was going to do. lakasha
DeleteI admire Dr.king because he help black and white people to work together . I will donate close
ReplyDeletedanitza you have a good ida i like it
Deletechristina you have a good ida and i like it a lot
Deletenice job norma good idea
DeleteThe thing I admire most about Dr.King is that he tried to bring black people and white people together. The thing I would do when it is service day I will do people lawns for free.
ReplyDeleteMy great idea was awsome and I felt so good doing it that I want to do it again
DeleteI AM going to make a lemonade stand . and i am going to give them cupcakes . am going to donate close to people.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.king because he help others.I will help people by:give them anythings I don't use in my house.
ReplyDeletei give my stuff in my house to my nieghbor and they are so happy
DeleteIadmire Dr.Kings because he help people and i am going to help by giving people books
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.king because he help white and black people come to gether in the same school as black and white people.Im going to do nice thing and help people.
ReplyDeleteI HELP PEOPLE AND GAVE MY OLD CLOTHES,SHOES AND TOYS AWAY.
Deletei admire mlk because he made black and white people be friends.i will give 1 dollar to a homelos person. because i have a dollar in my wallet.mlk Is MY HERO.i am so glad that he was alive. i love this holiday coming up.
ReplyDeletealexis, that was a wonderful comment that you did if he was alive he be proud of you.
Deletei admire DR.King because he help us get rid of COLOER
ReplyDeleteI admire DR.King because he did not care what.COLOER they where it was about how they treed others. On monday I will buy food from the story and hand it out fro the people that need food
ReplyDeleteDEAR shakalia.
DeleteI HAD THE SAME IDEA I THAT HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT THE COLOER AND I GAVE PEOPLE SOME OF MY FOOD.
I admire Dr.king he helped so i will help by selling lemonaid and cupcakes then I will walk around the park.
ReplyDeleteWhat I admire about dr.king is that dr.king changed the world he made black and whitequatreat each other equaly.if he wasn't alive we would not treat eachother equaly.
ReplyDeleteChanniece you are right,if it wasnt for Dr.King,everything would have gone arwy
Deletei admire dr king because he didnt care about there color he cared about there inside. i will donate food to home less people.
ReplyDeleteI ADMIRE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BECAUSE HE HAD A DREAM ,AND THAT DREAM WAS TO ATTEMPT TO MAKE BLACK PEOPLE AND WHITE PEOPLE FRIENDS AND WHAT IM GONNA DO ON NATIONAL DAY IS IM GONNA GIVE THINGS I DONT USE TO THE ORFANIGE
ReplyDeletei admire what MLK did because he changed the world for what he did.today when i go home i willget the shose and cloths that don fit me and donate it.
ReplyDeleteon the day i was gonna donate the place was closed
DeleteI admire mlk that he stood up and spoke in front
ReplyDeleteall the white people that went against him.To show my support I will donate things I dont need to my neighbors.
I admire Dr.King because he stand out in front of the world and said what is fair to the people.Dr.King also made white and black people became friends.I'll donnate things that I don't use anymore to all the people that needs it.
ReplyDeletethuan,
Deleteyour plan just same as me,trung
thuan,
Deletethats a good thing because thats wasting energy
I admire Dr. Luther King because he helped white and black people to get together.So today i will help take care of other people and my family. I will also donate some clothes for other people.
ReplyDeletehi annie how did your deed work out
DeleteI admire Dr.Luter king because he gave a speach about making the black people and white people get togeather. I will help poor people by giving them my old clothes and toys.I will also help people that are old do stuff.I will also help other old people!!!!!!! :) :) !!!!
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr. king because he said it dosen't matter what your color is.For MLK day I'll help my grandma around the house.
ReplyDeletemichelle,
Deletei liked it when you said it dosn't matter what color you are,
go ahead girl show them what your made of.your a good girl
i admire how he never stopped and stood in front
ReplyDeleteof all these people that hated him. in memory i
will start a donation and collect money at my dad's job for a shelter.
you gave good details of why you admire Dr.King and the way you wrote about how you would get the money
DeleteI ADMIRE DR.KING BECAUSE HE HAD A DREAM TO MAKE WHITE AND BLACK PEOPLE GET TO GETHER AND SHARE STOF TO GETHER SO WENE I GET HOME IM GOING TO RIGHT THE NUMBERS OF MY NEIGHBOR AND ON MUNDAY IM GOING TO HELP THEM IN ANYTHING
ReplyDeleteI admired dr.luther king because
ReplyDeletehe change poeple life.AndI would not have some of my friend.becuase we are all diffrent skimn cloor.I would like to go my grand mother house to help her out with laudry.
xiomara,
Deletei like yours alot
XIOMARA,
DeleteGREAT THINKING!! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE. RIGHT ON!!!! :)
I edmire Dr,king because he let the black people go to the white school but the white people didnt want the black people there.I going to help my grandma around the house.
ReplyDeletedestiny,
Deletei realy like yours i should of thouhgt of that.
GREAT MIND!! NICE THINKING!!! :D
Deletei admire Dr.King because he was brave to stand in front of millions of people. i will baby sit so my mom can go to work and school.
ReplyDeleteNoah,
Deletei like your post and think its a very good thing to do.Good job!!
noah,
Deletei like your idea its good to know that your not being selfish
and helping your family.YOUR A GREAT KID!!
I admire DR. KING because HE HAD A WISH TO HELP THE WHITE PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE TO GET a LONG.
ReplyDeleteHE WAS SO BRAVE TO TALK IN FRONT OF WHITE PEOPLE. HE KNEW THAT THE WHITE PEOPLE WOULDN'T LIKE IT. I WILL HeLP OTHER PEOPLE THAT NEED HELP WITH CLOSES,SHOES,AND TOYS.
Clayton,
DeleteI think thats very sweet of you and i like what your thinking!!Im kinda doing the same thing but im just donating clothes and helping out my family!! :-)
clayton,
Deletei really think that you did a good job at wood you give your stufe awy i thougt that that was very nice of you!
Clayton'
DeleteI like the way you gave examples of the things you were going to donate.
DEAR CLAYTON.
DeleteI ALSO GAVE AWAY MY CLOTHES,SHOES AND TOYS THAT WAS A GOOD THING YOU DID.
I like martin luther king cause he is the one who made the new laws that made blacks/and whites to get along so hes the one we should thank him for making the world a better place for whites/and blacks. So I am going to help my mom with her gosareys.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.King day because he was a very nice man.He stood in front of white people and was not afraid to make a speech.I will show my support by helping old people.I will help them cross the street,walk,and go to the store.I will help people walk their dogs,feed them,watch them,and wash them.I will baby sit for other people,and friends,and family members too.So i will help everybody in my apartments.That is what i will do on Dr.King day.
ReplyDeleteWHAT I ADMIRE ABOUT DR.KING IS WHEN HE WANTED PEACE AND COOPERATION BETWEEN BLACK AND WHITE, AND BECAUSE OF THAT HE WON THE NOBEL PRIZE ON 1/16/1964.NOW ON THE SAME DAY I WILL DONATE CLOTHES,CANS,TOYS,AND JACKETS.
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU FOR MAKING A OFF DAY A SERVICE.
NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DONATE?
landen,
Deleteim gonna donate shose and clothes
i had the same idea.
Deletelanden,
Deletei like your because you give other peple a lot of stuff.
I admire Dr.King because he was a brave man.He was not afraid to take a
ReplyDeletespeech in front of all the white people.He won the noble peace prize and
had a dream.He gave a speech to change the world about the black and
white people.OnMLK day i will help the poor by giving my old clothes
to them .And giving the people that have cancer money
I amiar Dr Lother King Jr not only he helped one he helped all.on MLK I well donate clothes to poor people.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.King beceuse he wanted peace, and he hade a dream ,and he made laws beceuse he made white and black people get a long and he made black people go to a white people school.And he was so brave to talk about the white.On the same day im going to give away toys.What are you going to do on that day?
ReplyDeleteBrandon,
DeleteGiving away your old toys or clothes is a terrific way to be of service to others because it doesn't cost you anything yet it makes such a difference in the lives of those who have nothing. Thanks for doing your part.
I admire martin luther king because he was a peaceful man because he won the nobel peace price and he went in front of all those white people and told his speech and even he died he made a big difference in the world.
ReplyDeleteim gonna do for MLK day i am gonna clean the house and try to make a difference to the world it is not a day off it is a day on.
On mlk day I will salute Martin because he was a nice man because he was good on the outside but mad on inside.I am going clean my house!!!!
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.King because he is not afraid to do anything for other people.
ReplyDeleteOn his day i will go to help my neighbors upstair since their elders i will help them clean their house.I do that every weekend to be helpful.
I admire Dr.King because he did not care what color your skin was you could be black or white he just wanted to stop segregation thats what i admire Dr.King.On the day of service i am going to go to my friends house and help pick up thrash around his community.Because his community bigger and more efficient than mine
ReplyDeletei like becuse it is good for use and heip us. lakasha
Deletei admire dr.king because he wasn't afraid to standout in front of the world in make his speech.something i could do to make a difference is to write a letter to my teacher in tell her how much she been great to me in others.
ReplyDeletejasmond,
Deleteyes everyone can make a difference. ican tell that you love your friends
and teachers very much.GOD BLESS YOUUU
I admire mlk he made a difference , iam going to help the poor.
Deletei will give them my old clothes,food,and other things.
i Admire Dr . King because he helped alot of us and got the black and white together and got black and white people to go to school together . he was not racist.
ReplyDeleteOn the MlK day of Service im gonna help people to take there trash
I admire Dr.Martin Luther King, jr. because he didn't give up on his dream and he changed the whole world. He made a difference in the world by his speech and he didn't give up on his dream and made it true To make a difference to the world i will do chores and give my money to poor people and i will give my clothes to the needy.
ReplyDeletei admire dr.king because... He brings us peace and he is not racist because he want to bring blacks and whites together.
ReplyDeleteOn monday the day of MLK i will take some of my old stuff to a church for the little ones
I admire Dr.King because he had a lot of self confident in his self.He showed the whites that everyone can be together,and that we don't have to be called whites or colored. Dr.King went to jail 30 times and he still didn't give up.I plan to help little kids who are struggling with anything.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr. King because his speech 'I had a dream because it lets blacks go to white school.
ReplyDeleteSomething that i can do to make a difference on the MLK Day of service is to help me neighbor walk there dogs.
How many dogs are you going to help walk?How else can you help?I like the way you said the name of his speech.
DeleteI admire Dr. King because in his short life he did the service that we would do in over 150 years.Over the MLK day I will give a sack lunch to a homeless person that is in need.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.King speech ' I have a Dream' because it brought the black and white as one.
ReplyDeleteSomething I can do on MLK day is bring my bike to kids who don't have a bike.
i admire dr.king beacuse he did'nt care about his life.he was a great wise guy by making that i have a dream speech and he got everyone to walk with him and go with him to go to washinton D.C to join his freedom.on service dayill will go to people houses to join me do a food drive
ReplyDeleteand help my church do a car wash and recycle cans paper and plastic and pick up trash from the floor at the park.
I admire Dr. King because he stepped up and put peace between black and white.
ReplyDeleteSomething I can do on Monday is help my parents clean the house and wash the clothes.
jala i like it becuse my brether did same thing. lakasha
DeleteModesti said..........
ReplyDeleteI like Dr.King because he didn't sit down and worry about himself. He did for others by stoping the racism. what I'm going to do for the day of the service is help recycle and help others just like Dr.King thats my dream.
I admire Dr.King because he made a difference because he let black's and white's be friend's.What I'am going to do for Dr.King's day is help my
ReplyDeleteneighbor .I will help her clean her backyard and rack her leave's .
I admire Martin Luther King Jr because he made the blacks and whites and other racist get along, and changed other laws and now we are all treated equally. What i plan to do on Martin Luther King Jr Day is help around the house and donate clothes and help my neighbor by helping her get her mail and walk her dog.
ReplyDeleteI admire Martin luther king because he was a great man.He did not judge people by the color of their skin.He wanted everyone to get along with each other.I will help everyone in my neighborhood by walking all the dogs on Martin luther king day.He wants everyone to make the country and the world a better place.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.king because he didn't care about him self he cared about other people to stop racism. something I will help my neighbor by helping them cross the street .
ReplyDeleteI admire Martin Luther King Jr because he use to always see his dad come home from work. When he grew up he made a big change with laws and every thing , just like his dad did when he was at work. He made our lives better. When it is Monday I am going to go out and make a difference. What I am going to do is go outside and pick up garbage that is every where, including the parks garbage.
ReplyDeleteI admire dr. king because he was brave about standing up to white people.
ReplyDeletewhat i plan to do on the MLK day service is to give food to homeless people that really need.
What I admire about Dr.King is that he changed the laws and he never gave up because he never cared about what everyone said.
ReplyDeleteWhat I plan to do on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Of Service is clean the park with my friends.
vannesa i like your becuse i did the same thing afder i did what i did and it was fun. lakasha
Deletewhat I admire about dr. king is that he helped black people and white people get together and not to be fighting
ReplyDeleteWHAT I PLAN TO DO ON THE MLK DAY OF SERVICE IS
TO HELP POOR PEOPLE BE GIVING THE SOME FOOD AND IF THEY HAVE A KID I WILL GIVE THEME MY TOYS
what i admire about Dr. king is that he never gaved up on the dream that he had and helped to much people.
ReplyDeletewhat i plan to do on the MLK DAY of SERVICE is go clean the park with my friends and making sure theres no trash.
i admire Dr. king because he change a laws of white people and black people and because he helped people.
ReplyDeleteIn the day of MKL day service i am going to go to the park and pick up the trash.
what I admire of dr.king was that he change the laws.
ReplyDeleteon THE service I WII HELP OLD people cross THE Road
what i admire dr.king was that he change the whole world.in monday i will pick up trash and help old people cross street
ReplyDeleteWhat i admire about Dr. king is that he had a dream and he like the black people to be with white.
ReplyDeletewhat i plan todo on the MLK Day is clean the park.
what I admire about Dr King is he help people by bringing white and black people together.
ReplyDeletewhat I plan to do on the mlk day of service is donate toys and clothes and food.
what I admire about Dr.king is that he helped Rosa Parks so black people and white people would not tell black people to sit in the back of the bus and the white people let black people sit in the front of the bus. what I plan to do on the mlk of service is to donate my clothes and toys for kids that do not have clothes and toys and then I will help old people with there mail.
ReplyDeleteWhat i admire about Dr King is beacuse that he helped peopel like rosa parks his life. What i plan to do on the MLK day of service is start feed hungry people if i have some food.
ReplyDeleteWhat i admire about Dr. Luther king is that he had a dream and his dream was that his 4 children to not care about a other person skin color because in a bus a black people have to go in the back of the bus and white people go in front.
ReplyDeletewhat i plan to do on the MLK day of service is help old people cross the street,walk a neighbors dog, and get their mail.
alexis,you are a exelent see this is something you should be proud of so alexis how about those people i bet they fell great.!
DeleteWhat i admire about Dr.luther king is that he let black people and white people go on the same school and the same bathroom.And he had a dream that his 4 children to not care about another person skin color.Dr.luther king was nice to everyone because he had a dream and that dream want it to be real.
ReplyDeletewhat i plan to do on MLK DAY of service is that i will go to my closet and grab some cloths and donate to other people.I will go to my neighbor and tell if a can walk his dog and go pick up the mail that he has in his mailbox.And i will give food to people that need.
what I admire about Dr.luther king is that he change laws and taught us to respect other no matter what there skin color is to work whit them.what martin luther king did should be never be forget.
ReplyDeleteWhat I plan to do on the MLK day of service is to help my neighbors walk her dogs and give poor people food and water.
I admire what MLK did because he change the world today. Iwill waTCH HIS work
ReplyDeleteI admier dr king junior that he made a godd job for us and if he neverdid that will still have that fight hey you are black no you are white
ReplyDeletei would give food to my friend who does not have enougf money
i love mr dr king because changes our lives pequas the white people and black peopel get along
ReplyDeletei cant get food to my neibod
i admire mlk because he was so strong and he gave good speech.
ReplyDeleteon mlk i help my friend clean his house.
I admire dr.king because he made the white and black people get together
ReplyDeleteon mlk day service i plan to help my family clean the house
I admire dr.king because he put the white and black people together
ReplyDeleteON MLK day of service i plan to help people to watch there kid's
What i admire of Martin Luther is that he gave laws so the people can be friendly and peaceful.On MLK day of service i plan to help people by babysitting or washing the dishes or other stuff not just stay home and watch television,eat and be lazzy like all weekdays.
ReplyDeletei admire dr king because he didn't believe in violence he believe in speech.
ReplyDeletei'm going to donate my things like toys.
I admire Dr.king because he brought white and black people together so they can get along.
ReplyDeleteOn MLK Day of service i plan to sell my toys that i didn't play with.
i admire dr. luther king because he is brave enough to stand up for him self.
ReplyDeleteon mlk day of service i plan to have a lemonade stand so i can give my hole
neighborhood lemonade.
yo admiro al dr. king por que el lucho para unir a las razas.
ReplyDeleteel dia del dr. king voy a apoyarlo
i admire dr king because he inspired me with his great speeches and his great lessons. on mlk day of service i plan to help many people eve my family by doing chores and helping.
ReplyDeletei admire dr.king because he changes our lives.On mlk day of service i plan to i can get clothes to my neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr.Luther King because help the black people.And he help us so the black people can d be whet white people . On MLK Day I will help my neighbors by carrying their groceries for them.
ReplyDeleteI admire dr. king because he change the laws of blake and white pepole.
ReplyDeleteOn the day of MLK am going to make cheredy for kids.
i admire d.r king because about D.R KING IS because he help poeple on mlk day of service i plan to help myneighbor with her dishes.
ReplyDeleteI really admire Martin Luther King cause he was a very brave man.He fought for our rights to be integrated with the white people.On Monday I will donate some of my old clothes to the children's shelter.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr. King Junior because he had the courage to go in front of a bunch of people and say what is right and wrong and he made a big difference in this world. On Dr. king's day I will give kids who can't afford a toy one of my toys and help my mom with the groceries.
ReplyDeleteI admire Dr. King because he never gave up even in the hardest times. So in MLK day i will go to H-E-B ill buy a package of food and put it in a big can like thing that says end hunger.
ReplyDeleteAlex,
DeleteWhat a wonderful idea for being of service to others. And the great thing is that those "end hunger" cans are always available for donations so whenever we have a few spare dollars, we can make a contribution - no need to wait until the next MLK day as there are always people in need.
alex,you have a nice speach your exelent.!
DeleteI admire MLK because he help for the black and white to be equal.Also i am going to help the people and my friends to take at the trash or by helping them learn something they don't know.
ReplyDeletei admire Dr.King because he never let anything get in his way. '' People could break his legs, but he would still walk his way to victory. '' one thing i will do to make a change in my community is by emailing and calling my friends and family on monday to tell them its Dr.Kings day and we should not take it for granted for what he did to make people not judge people by his/her color by its heart.
ReplyDeleteCindy,
DeleteI think your plan about spreading the word of Dr. King's contributions by emailing and calling others is a great one. The more people understand the importance of judging others by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin, the better off our world will be. Thanks for doing your part!
I admire Dr.King because he stopped racism. On MLK day of service I will help out each other by giving poor people food and help elderly people with their mail.
ReplyDeletei admire martin luther king because he stopped the racism and he also didn't care if someone tried to kill him he would just let it go because he was respectful.I would respect people and help them if they have any problems with anything also i will also respect my elders.
ReplyDeletejoshiah, this is good how you talked about dr.king .he is good and so are you.!
DeleteI Admire Dr. King because he stopped racism and even when the white people Destroyed his house he still fought for the whites and blacks to get along.I will to help the poor and buy them cloth
ReplyDeleteI can send "Happy Martin Luther King Jr." email or ecard to celebrate this holiday. I will also donate some of the stuff I don't need anymore to the homeless people.
ReplyDeleteI love mr king because he fought for our freedom from racism.
ReplyDeleteI will help my grandmas cousin cook food at the old folks home.
Martin Luther King Jr. helped Rudy bridges get into school and help rosa parks get out of jail for not getting up of the bus seat and for helping the white people and the black people get along,he was a brave man,he was incredible!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen i had saw the video of him,it was moving and sad at the same time.I want to help the community by helping out my neighbors take out the trash,do some chores and help out with the food.
Elizabeth,
DeleteI found the video to be very moving too, especially the part that played MLK's speech about what it takes to be great - it was "wonderful"!!
I ADMIRE DR.KING BECAUSE HE WAS A BRAVE MAN AND HE MADE IT SO THAT BLACKS AND WHITES COULD GO TO SCHOOL TOGETHER.
ReplyDeleteONE THING IM GOING TO DO IS HELP MY COMMUNITY BY PICKING UP TRASH AND TAKING OUT TRASH.
His i have a dream speech made white people decided to live with the black people and so the fighting can end between white and black people.
ReplyDeletewhen i herd his i have a dream speech it inspired me by helping my friends and family.
I admire Dr King day by his dream about his 4 kids.
ReplyDeleteHis dream was about his 4 kids that they wont judged about there
skin color but about whats in there heart.
What i will do on Dr King day that i will give clothing and food for the needing.and for people who that is old and do stuff for them for no money.
What I admire about Dr. King is that he was very brave to make a speech about racism. I can teach someone how to play a game they don't know how to do so they can play and have some fun when they want to.
ReplyDeleteWhat I admire about Dr. King is he would help people know every body notice every one should be created equal . I would make the community a better place by picking up all the trash.
ReplyDeletewhat I admire about Dr. King is because he is a god guy and he is teaching people .
ReplyDeletei like to teach a kid how to play soccer and i like to help people and i like to see people happy and i like to play soccer with my friend and i like to play allot with my friend and i like to
i admire dr. king because. even people had been mean to hem he still showed them respect. on MLK day I plan to be nice and share with my family.
ReplyDeleteim thankful for Dr king for make racism go away and for have white and black people go to the same school have the same water fountain.he change the world if he did not make racism go away then we probly whould not have white people and black people go to the same school.then he gave a speah to a lot of people so then they did not want to have rasiesaom for the people.thanx DR king for changeing the world . i plan to do go and heip a lot of people and pick up litter.
ReplyDeletedario nice job you relly andmiyer jr. king jr. good job!!!!!!!
Deletedario nice job you relly andmiyer jr. king jr. good job!!!!!!!
Deletei admire dr.k cause peeps can play soccer with other diffrent people and go to same schools with black peeps and white peeps he thougth people rights and gave peeps heart like he gave me
ReplyDeleteI like Dr.K because he fought for rights for no racism now black,white and all types of people can get along
ReplyDeleteThis Dr.K day Im going to pick up trash thats all over my nihborhood
i love Dr.king because he help all black people.
ReplyDeletei will play games with them .help them with a new school
so they can be happy and learn . help them with a new home .
and thank you Dr.king
i love dr.king because he changes our lives.because he helps as be frandes
ReplyDeleteI love Dr.King because he changes our lives by made a announcement saying that black and white people should have school togeter
ReplyDeletenakia,
Deletei think that that was so good but what did you do for mlk day
katy,
ReplyDeletei really like what you did i almost said that to
jaevon,
ReplyDeletei like your idea did you get to do it
chloe,
ReplyDeletei love your idea did you realy do that i wish i thought of that.